Monday, May 7, 2012

2012 El Toro ProSolo

Some of you have heard me say this before. This is my favorite event of the year. It's held at my favorite site and my favorite format. It sure would be nice to have more of these events. No matter what happens, this is a great event to play at.

Saturday is a beautiful day and I'm having fun. I'm putting down decent times and in the hunt. I'm having a good time. These are especially good events now that my daughter is here joining in the fun.

DSC_0378

Sunday rolls around and as expected, the track has rubbered in. This is the day to lay down fast times. But, before STC runs, my daughter is up in JA. All's well until Neelu's go kart stalls while staged and the timer is running down. There is no starter beside us and I have to scramble to look for a starter. It's in the other lane. I make a sprint to the other lane, grab the starter and come back to start her kart. Her video shows that the kart starts just as the lights turn green. That's not the kind of excitement I was expecting on a Sunday morning.

Later in the morning, when STC is up, I have a few things in mind to try, but am not successful. I'm very very frustrated with myself. Not only did I not go faster, I didn't even match my times from Saturday when the track is faster. Grrr.

Worst outing at a ProSolo for me. Until next time then..

No comments: