Monday, April 30, 2012

San Diego National Tour

I've been looking forward to this Tour. It's my first Tour where I haven't been buried in homework or class projects. I've also had a chance to practice and prepare for this event. The weather forecast actually looks like it will be a rain free Tour. Our car is ready and sure looks pretty.

89 Honda Civic Si @ Qualcomm

DSC_9938

Saturday is dry just as the weather man predicted. We don't run first thing in the morning, which is another nice surprise. Starting out with a coned run, then a DNF left me with a safe run to put in the book to stay in contention for Sunday. The safe run left me almost 2 seconds behind the leaders. That's a tough nut to make up for. At this point, there is nothing left to lose.

Sunday is another dry day. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain. Run one just gains me a cone, so we get ready to go make run 2 count. I lay down a 55.947, which is the fastest time for all ST drivers on run 2. I'm not able to go any faster on the 3rd run. It's my consolation that only 2 drivers break in to the 55's. Now if only I had a better Saturday.

Anyhow, those are the breaks. Congratulations to the winner - Will.

No comments: