Monday, April 23, 2012

National Tour preparation

The San Diego National Tour is right around the corner and Mike and I head down to Qualcomm to get some seat time and acclimate ourselves to the surface. The Civic has been running well and we haven't run in to any major mechanical problems recently. I bum a ride down with Jeff and Nicole, which makes the weekend a whole lot easier for me.

The course looks like a mini road race with not a lot of line choice, though there are a few sections that are tricky. I'm trying out a new program called Harry's Lap Timer. The instructions in the program as well as online are not very clear. The video is supposed to start recording automatically based on GPS coordinates and stop by itself. With the camera mounted high on the passenger side and polarized sunglasses, I can't tell if the video is actually recording. At the end of the day, only one run has been recorded. I think I have figured out how to record the video correctly now. I'll test a little more before the Tour. I'd like to make sure that I get some video this time.

Speaking of the course, we have 4 runs and Mike and I take our runs and experiment a little with the car set up to see what works best. The car is working well and I've been able to put a run together that is several tenths faster than every other Civic, which makes for a nice start to going in to the weekend of the Tour.

I'm ready. Are you?

No comments: