Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 2 Nationals, Lincoln Nebraska

Day 2 shows up nice and dry. The forecast is that it will be in the 90's today with no rain. Today, we run on the East course, which is more similar to what we usually see in California. This is going to be another fun day.

The morning starts out the same, I'm on the opposite course in Heat 1 helping my daughter in her go kart. It's very exciting being a parent watching them go out to race. At the end of 1st drivers on run one, she is in first place! How about that. I'm so excited and proud. Today, the event is running late on the West course and I need to leave before Neelu finishes her 3rd run to get ready for my heat.

Andy has put together a challenging course with some fast sections and some deceptively slow sections.



It's nice to be running in the dry for everybody, but there are some tricky places and it's showing up in a fairly wide spread in times. Hm, how to figure this out?



I put down a good first run and then run into cone trouble in the second run. I decide that I'll be conservative in the slalom where I hit the cone previously. I back off and still wiggle a cone - but that's all I did, wiggle it. I fixed some other mistakes and ended up entering the tight section too hot and give up a whole bunch of time making the last run the slowest of all of them.



The timing slip person tells me that I'm still in the last trophy position, but that doesn't last very long as David Avard comes through shortly and knocks me out of the trophy spot. Next year's goal will be to run much cleaner without giving up the speed.

I like this photo that either Paul or Jane Quinn took for us:
IMG_5556

Well, it has been a pretty good year and lots of fun. Thank you very much to our sponsors: Bridgestone, HPD, Bumper to Bumper (for the cool tint). We'll keep on working to improve and bring back better results next year.

No comments: